Monday 11 May 2015

It's been a while....


Hi all,


yes, it certainly has been a while since I last blogged, sorry. As I logged in for the first time, in a VERY long time I discovered a post I had started in October of last year (posted, incomplete, below). 


Being poorly really can get in the way of my making and blogging :( As far as my health is concerned, I am back and forth to the hospital as usual but now have a new gastro team in Manchester. Yes, a bit of a trek for me (minimum of 2 1/2 hour each way) but I am hopeful that they can help.


On the crafting front - I've continued to make and design things since I last spoke to you all. I managed to keep my promise to make all of the birthday gifts for my nieces and nephews last year and am continuing to make gifts for my youngest nieces and nephews this year.

Here's a pic of just a couple of things I've made: 





In other news...



Say hello to Buster 

Here is a picture of my lovely puppy, Buster, on the day we brought him home. He was just 9 weeks old when we got him from the rescue shelter. He has filled my life with so much happiness and fun over the past 6 months. I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this little man. 

You'll notice that he has grown some what since we got him.................



Buster and I posing in the sun 

'It's very tiring being this cute' 

Be prepared for lots more news on Buster and his adventures :)

For now I shall head back to my knitting bag and continue with a baby blanket I'm currently making (see below). My husband is in bed at the moment after a night shift so I'm going to take Buster for a little walk soon and then make myself a well earned brew. 





Speak to you all very soon xx


Post from last October.........


Hello from me 


Hi everyone!


Yes, I know I've not been very chatty recently, but I have good reason..... as you will all be aware, I've been a poorly sick lady and, unfortunately, this has prevented me from keeping up to date with my blog. All of that aside, I wanted to stop by and say hello and let you know what I've been up to recently.....

Crafty projects.......

At the beginning of the year I made a promise to myself that I would make all of this year's presents for my nephews and nieces. I have six in total, with one niece (Nancy) being born just a few months ago. Their ages vary from newborn to 11 so I've had to plan gifts that suit their age range and, for a soon to be teenager, their lifestyle.

The younger ones were pretty easy to plan for - soft toys, clothes, bunting, etc. My eldest nephew, George, will be 12 at the end of the month. I want to make him something that he'll not only like but be proud to wear in front of his friends. This year's must have accessory for the teenage boy appears to be the slouchy hat. I found a great pattern online (cocoknits) and have just made a start on it. 

Here's a sneaky peek......




No comments:

Post a Comment