Saturday 11 June 2016

What I've been making

Hello! 

Finally finding the time to sit down and finish a blog post I started last week. I have been busy resting and enjoying the sunshine. 

I thought I'd start this post with a few pics of the projects/ideas I'm currently working on and developing. 

Current projects....







I'm also working on a gift for my middle niece, who is soon to be two, and a knitted dress for myself called the Yoshimi dress. A rough outline for the dress was posted on the Kollabora website, of which I am a HUGE fan. Being me, I decided to develop the pattern and am currently in the process of writing up the instructions so that I can share them here, via my blog, and with the lovely people over at Kollabora.

I'm really enjoying the process of writing and developing patterns and am already working on some of my own, which I hope to be able to share with you at some point in the future. Much of what I've designed is specifically written for me and therefore my very specific measurements. Armed with various books on pattern design, I'm hopeful that I shall, at some point in the future, have the time (and patience) to begin developing my patterns for a range of sizes. Stayed tuned!

Other developments of a crafty kind...

After much umming and ahhing, I finally got round to buying myself a new sewing machine. I am absolutely rubbish at buying things for myself. I have spent weeks looking at machines online and searching Ebay for a bargain (none to be found!). I mentioned that I was looking at machines on a well known supermarket website a couple of weeks ago. By the time I'd convinced myself to buy one, the one I had in mind was out of stock. Cue much annoyance with myself. 

After a little sulk, I requested stock updates for the two sewing machines I was most interested in and tried to forget about it (easier said than done). A couple of weeks later (including several hours spent on Ebay), I received a very pleasing email from said supermarket chain. Cue a frantic 5 minutes of me logging into my online account, buying my new sewing machine and booking a delivery date. Two days later and my new arrival was here. I was one very happy lady :) 

And here it is........



I've yet to use my new purchase. I've decided to be a very good girl and read the user manual very carefully before embarking on my first project (those of you that know me well will know how difficult I will find this :) ). I have several patterns that I'd love to have a go at, including a couple from the new Sewing Bee book.




I am absolutely in love with the pallazzo pants pattern featured in the book and ever so slightly tempted to make myself a jumpsuit (also featured in the book), if only to wear around the house :) 

Come and find me on twitter....please.

For those of you that didn't know, I have a twitter account :) I'm now using this to share photos of the projects I'm working on and to share my thoughts on the making process and what inspires me to make in the first place.

I would love to hear from you and hope you'll pop over and follow me. My twitter tag is @LittleMrsCrafty.

That's enough from me for now. I'm off to make myself a cuppa and to work on my Yoshimi dress. 

Wishing you all a very happy Sunday,

KnittyNora xx



No comments:

Post a Comment